Wednesday 4 May 2011

"A miscarriage of justice can happen to anyone at anytime"

“It all seems as though it has been very quiet recently but there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes. The team have recruited a number of extra people to help with the overflow of work and these new volunteers range from typists to forensics companies. I’m currently working with two universities on projects and one of them has offered me free use of all of their forensic facilities in exchange for all of my case documents upon my release.

Just a year after its inception the document management system is now bursting at 3 Gig capacity and the team are making alternative arrangements for the storage of the evidence as I am told it has grown much more complex and difficult to manage. The new system will make uploading, storage and sharing much quicker and easier and allow more efficient search facilities. My legal guys are really pleased about the use of electronic documents becoming even easier. This new system will also allow for further growth as there is a new batch of 30 box files not seen by the Defence for a number of years. The team have done a good job so far in obtaining documents from disparate sources.

The CCRC have not yet come back to my solicitor about whether an extension on the 6th May deadline will be permitted. However, as the CCRC have not allowed the Defence access to any photographic negatives in order for the forensic work to be carried out, how can I make a full appeal against their decision? I don’t see how they can refuse an extension.

The letter writing campaign of yesterday is continuing throughout this week and I am told that letters have been written in their thousands by universities now supporting me. Together with the face book campaign and the mailing list from the consultancy, this should make up a large number of people, in fact larger than I could ever have imagined which is very kind of everyone to support me. I think this is not just about my case but it is a sign of the times that a miscarriage of justice can happen to anyone at any time and that the truth has now been realized that there are many people in prison today who are wrongly convicted and more often than not this is the direct result of police corruption.

I have been working until very late some nights on other evidence which will be submitted to the CCRC, this of course is not directly related to the evidence contained within photographs as we don’t have those. Both my lawyer and QC are working hard to ensure the release of photographs to our forensic laboratory, but the case is much bigger than just these photographs alone.

The coming weeks are set to be interesting as I am waiting to hear back from many different authorities as a result of complaints which have been made by myself. Honestly, the pictures is actually looking very good despite the sluggishness of the CCRC in releasing negatives. I wish I could say more about the evidence we now have and what this means for my case. But all I can say is, I will be released, the evidence will be acknowledged and my freedom will change the face of British Justice forever.”

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber