Wednesday 8 June 2011

"The CCRC have done nothing to help me obtain these documents since taking on my case"

“I have today received another letter from Essex Police refusing to release documents from my case not disclosed in 26 years. It is very clear that what these documents contain is my alibi. We know that the police were talking to Sheila in the house and that she was alive when they broke down the door. The information we have warrants full disclosure.

Original notebooks from the firearms team who first entered the house are requested along with handwritten statements as there are so many edited versions. There were 22% at the most recent count but the work on this is not yet finished. There is no legal reason why these documents should not be released using the freedom of information act, if there is nothing to hide why not release these documents to settle the argument?

The CCRC have done nothing to help me obtain these documents since taking on my case. I have even offered to pay for the police to carry out the work to obtain the material I need. Questions need to be asked about what kind of justice system operates in the UK today, but more on this another time. I’m back to my case work and the new applications are very compelling. Thank you for all of your kind letters of support which always keep me strong”.

Jeremy

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber