Saturday 21 June 2014

Remembering Gerry Conlon

It is with sadness that I write this in the memory of Gerry Conlon who died earlier today. I liked Gerry a lot and I am very sad for his family who were robbed of his company for so many years while he suffered the injustice of being wrongly accused and imprisoned.

I was happy to have had the pleasure of his company on the landings for about three and a half years. Gerry had a strong faith which gave him spiritual comfort and it was the strength he drew from this which inspired me to keep on fighting for my freedom. I remember him saying, “Never let the bastards drag you down!”


He was a warm and kindhearted person who didn’t allow prison to turn him bitter because he always said that he had to keep his humanity. I remember his wisdom well. Gerry told me I should never lose myself in the anger of injustice and so I live my life fighting my cause, as Gerry said, "never let them win."

Jeremy


Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber