Friday 18 June 2010

"In 25 years I've slept in 122 different cells"

"In 25 years I've slept in 122 different cells"

“ I started off at Norwich where I spent 5 months, then Brixton where I stayed till my trial 7 months later. After my conviction I went to Wormwood Scrubs where I stayed for just over 2 years.

Then Full Sutton, I left here in 1990 and went to Gartree. One year there, then Frankland, 18 months there, then Long Lartin – back to Frankland for 6 Months, then Long Lartin – 4 Months there then Full Sutton, back to Long Lartin a year later – 3 months and then to Woodhill, 4 months there, then Wakefield, just over a year there. Then Durham, then Whitemoor - a couple of years there. Then Belmarsh where I spent 4 months in 2002.

Then after my appeal back to Whitemoor for 3 months , then back to Full Sutton where I’ve spent almost 9 years. I’ve had lots of short trips to Belmarsh for various court appearances over the years where I’ve spent 4 or 5 days in London. I’ve also had an extra few months in Whitemoor but I can’t recall when that was in the sequence as I know I’ve been there 3 times. In total over 25 years I’ve slept in 122 different cells.

So I have spent almost half my jail time in Full Sutton so I know it well and this time I have spent all my time working in the Braille shop which I love. “

To find out more about UK Prisons click here

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber