Friday 23 December 2011

"European Court Ruling on my Whole Life Tariff"

"I heard yesterday that the European Court of Human Rights will announce their ruling on the appeal against my whole life tariff through their web site on the 17th January 2012.

I have known for some time that there has been another case similar to mine through the European Court who ruled the whole life tariff was illegally implemented by a Government but later when it was appealed by that Government in a higher European court and they found the upgrading of a the tariff to whole life was not illegal and so it still stands. Basically this ruling may influence how the court hears my case although they are supposed to hear each case independently and the British Government is not at the peak of popularity in Europe.

My priority remains as always, to clear my name and gain my freedom for the truth to be known in a court of law is the most important thing. Maybe the judiciary can learn lessons from the failings in my case to make the justice system fairer for all. If you have few spare minutes over Christmas write to the Home Affairs Select Committee about the justice system view our letter here."

View my official web site at www.jeremy-bamber.co.uk read testimony by some of my campaigners www.jeremybambertestimony.co.uk join our writing campaign at www.jeremybambercampaign.co.uk

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber