Sunday 29 September 2013

"Today is like all the others"

“Today is like all the others, as I wake in jail having completed 28 years wrongfully imprisoned, which is 10,277 days, or 245,448 hours. Now I begin year 29, a new day, a good day, one that none of us will ever see again. I wonder what is going to happen?  First things first: is there enough water in my thermos flask for a cup of coffee? I’ve never understood tea it simply tastes odd to me, and just coats the tongue in fur. Routine removes the drag of the ball and chain, and little things create a true sense of freedom. I engineer my day full of simple choices and create a sense of autonomy however limited that may be.” 


The start of another day, and year 29 for Jeremy Bamber. 

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber