Friday 4 March 2016

Mother's Day Sunday 6th March 2016

"Dear Mum and Dad 

I wish with all my heart that I could be there to read my letter to you myself but it won’t be long now before justice will be done and I will be able to visit you myself.

Dad, I know that you hated injustice and would have never let me suffer as I have done for the past 30 years for a crime I did not commit. It must be heartbreaking for you looking down seeing me being punished for no reason but that the British Justice system has failed me.

I am so very proud of you and I was lucky enough to get hold of your war records some time ago dad, and they are fascinating. I can picture you flying your mosquito, and imagine what a terrific pilot you must have been taking part in so many missions. And mum, well only last week I was astounded when I received your war records. I knew that you had served with the FANY’S but you never spoke to anyone very much about your time serving your country in India, Ceylon and the Far East and I was amazed when I read that you had been a part of the Special Operations Executive, which as far as I know is like a predecessor to the SAS. Wow! It made me cry to see your signature on the documents, as I didn’t have any idea that you were so accomplished and I feel so honoured to have had such brave parents.

There are many times when I feel overwhelmed with sadness because my fight for justice means that Sheila is put centre stage, which of course is right I suppose, but her mental health illness means that she was not culpable for her actions in a legal sense. You both know how close Sheila and I were and the happy times we shared together. I will always love my sister as I will always love you both. It saddens me every day that I did not have a greater understanding of the suffering Sheila endured with her schizophrenia, and how fragile she was needing so much more help than we ever realized. I vow though that when I achieve my freedom I will do all I can to honour not only Sheila’s memory and will do all that I can to help organisations which help with people who suffer from mental health issues. 

I will never stop fighting against the injustice of my wrongful conviction or to put the record straight about you and about Sheila. People have over the years said such cruel and untrue things about you when you were all caring, kind and gentle people who would do whatever you could to help others and this has deeply upset me. I miss you all every moment of every day but I hope you are proud of the man I am and the determination I have to continue fighting. I do have people who are there for me, friends who stand by me and help every day in my fight for both for my freedom and your honour. I am not on my own and I don’t want you to worry because it won’t be long now before I’ll be sitting in that little churchyard myself and will be able to visit your grave in person.

I Love you with all my heart.

Jeremy"





Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber