Thursday 1 April 2021

"No Winter Lasts Forever, And No Spring Skips Its Turn"

 Hal Borland (1900-1978), naturalist, writer and journalist. 

I wanted to write a little about the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) application, but the difficulty I have is that to do it justice I would need to write twenty pages, but I won't. Easter time is all about hope, and I want to tell you that I feel hope very strongly and also thank the people who have been working so hard to help me, especially as we all move from a long winter of covid restrictions into hope this spring.

Firstly, it’s been a team effort. Of course, I’ve been doing the jail time, but it would be impossible to fight a miscarriage of justice on your own. There has also been a huge amount of pressure on me to submit a new application to the CCRC since 2012 when they rejected my last application.  

Luckily, those closest to me have trusted me, when I’ve said, there is more evidence for us to find, so we’ll wait a bit longer and do some more research before we make the decision to submit an application to the Commission.

I’m very grateful to my Campaign Team for trusting me – even though I know at times they have felt frustrated, because we’ve not had an application currently under investigation. Rallying support during the past ten years has been quite hard work without a CCRC application under way. The media have taken less notice of our campaign and gaining supporters has been quite hard work.

Now is the right time for us to submit an application to the Commission. We have identified eight issues, each of which contain multiple grounds of appeal that we all believe are totally unanswerable by Essex Police or the CPS. These new grounds are true, utterly compelling, backed up by evidence and they are also simple to understand.

I have complete confidence in the Commission to investigate our eight grounds of appeal in a timely manner. I don’t doubt that our submissions have already been read by the commissioners and that matters will move along quickly.

I am very excited by all of the evidence that has been uncovered. I wish that it hadn’t taken 19 years since my last appeal to apply for another one, but it is what it is, and now we are ready to ask for another appeal.

I know that as many of you celebrate Easter over the next few days, that we can be optimistic and filled with hope, that over the coming weeks we can finally look forward to receiving justice for both me and for my mum and dad. I have dreamt of my freedom every day since 29 September 1985, perhaps my freedom is just around the next corner – I hope so. 

Happy Easter!

Jeremy 

Jeremy Bamber

Jeremy Bamber
Innocent Jeremy Bamber